High performance striker for FN FNS or 509 series pistols. Designed to be a trigger upgrade without having to replace the entire trigger system.
There are two areas that cause about 90% of the gritty feel you can get in a striker fired trigger: First is the striker rubbing against the slide as you pull through the first stage of the trigger pull, and the second is the sears sliding on each other, as you pull through the second stage. This High Performance striker is machined from billet 17/4PH stainless steel, and is not simply a duplicate of the FN design, but has upgraded sear geometry, polished contact surfaces, a Teflon insert, and Nickel Boron low friction coating. The result is:
- A much smoother trigger pull, due to Teflon bearing surface, and without having to polish or make any other permanent changes to your pistol.
- Less creep in the second stage – 30% reduction versus factory.
- A sharper break – 33% reduction versus factory.
- A reduction in pull force, without light-weighting the springs, due to the low friction NiB coating, giving over 1lb reduction in pull versus factory.
- A huge improvement in trigger performance WITHOUT having to replace the entire trigger assembly. This is a much cheaper option that delivers the benefits of a trigger job with only a few minutes to install, and no risk of damaging your frame by removing pins that the factory did not want removed.
In short, this striker is a drop-in trigger job, without having to do a complete disassembly of the lower. It is a single part, switched out in the slide in under 5 minutes. The attached pull force chart shows the benefits in creep, sharpness of break, and reduction of pull force:
There are no reviews yet.